Onions are more than just healthy vegetables. They are enriched with potent antioxidants that display antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and other curative properties the help enhance the look, feel ad growth of hair. Onion juice for hair presents an efficient topical cure for hair fall treatment, premature graying, alopecia and balding. This juice helps nourish and hydrate the hair sufficiently and promote hair growth. Whether used raw or as a mixture with other ingredients, the onion juice helps improve the health and length of hair naturally.
Benefits of using Onion Juice for Hair
Onion juice helps in providing nourishment and circulation of hair follicles. It kills parasites, germs and helps treat some all aimed at preventing hair loss. The high sulfur content in onions helps in regenerating hair follicles and decreasing inflammation.
1. Provides essential nutrients
Onions contain several minerals and vitamins such as vitamin B6, C, germanium, magnesium, potassium, and sulfur. It consists of beauty enhancing and healing minerals that have a high capability of decreasing inflammation and promoting circulation on the head.
2. Stimulates hair growth
Studies show that application of onion juice of the scalp will encourage hair regrowth. The sulfur content in onions regenerates hair follicles and promotes hair regrowth. If applied each day for four weeks, notable changes are going to be evident.
3. Treats Hair Fall
Sulfur increases blood circulations and strengthens the hair. Applying onion on the hair helps to treat hair fall. You can apply grounded onion paste or add a few other ingredients to prepare a homemade pack. You need to massage the scalp with coconut oil before application, to facilitate better absorption.
4. Treatment of dandruff
Onion juice extracts provide an ideal remedy for the treatment of dandruff. You can easily get rid of dandruff by applying onion juice on your hair. After application, you rinse with shampoo, and you get set for recovery.
5. Solution to scalp infection
Onion juice is used to cure scalp infection. Any fungal infection can damage your hair leading to tremendous hair loss. Onions help to treat scalp infections and open, broken pores of the hair follicles.
Home Remedies of Using Onion Juice for Hair
Onions present an ideal solution to hair fall problems. If you are witnessing your and some hairless patches, it is the time you consider onion treatment. Being rich in sulfur, onions promote hair growth as sulfur helps improve blood circulation. The antibacterial properties of onions reduce skin inflammations. Onion juice adds strength to the hair and opens up hair follicles to prevent scalp infection. You can pick any of the below-stated methods that best resonate with you, and you will be on your way to increased hair growth and overall hair health.
1. Onion Juice for Hair Growth
– Three large onions
– 250 ml of water
1. Using a bowl, extract juice from the onions
2. Mix the juice with water in the ratio of 1:2
3. Moisten your hair and apply the juice extract on your scalp and ensure it gets down to the roots.
4. Leave the application to soak for at least 30 minutes to allow the follicles to absorb.
5. Rinse your hair using water and mild shampoo to drive off all the smell.
Wrap your head with a towel. Repeat this process at least three times a week for four weeks and results will be evident.
2. Honey and Onions for Hair Growth
– 3 large onions
– 50 ml honey
– Chopped potatoes
1. Mash the onions using pestle and mortar
2. Add to chopped onions and mash the two.
3. Extract juice from the mixture
4. Add 50 ml of honey to the extract.
5. Apply the mixture to your hair and thoroughly massage to ensure that it gets to the root of the hair.
6. Leave the application for about 30 minutes before rinsing the head clean.
Using honey and onions for hair growth has proven to be one of the most successful home remedies for any thinning hair. This solution is recommended for daily use, for fast results.
3. Lemon and Onions for Dandruff Treatment, Hair Repair, and Growth
– 2 large onions
– 2 pieces of lemons
– 50 ml of water
1. Extract juice from the onions and mixture with juice extracted from the lemon.
2. Add 50 ml of water to have a sufficient extract that can be applied to every part of the hair.
3. Massage this concoction into your hair and crown.
4. Leave it to soak on the hair for better absorption.
5. Rinse thoroughly with water and some shampoo to drive away any smell.
Lemon and onion juice extract provides a powerful and an ideal solution that encourages hair growth and fights dandruff. Lemon juice has a reputation of halting hair loss. This mixture is also an excellent treatment for melasma (skin disorder that results in dark discoloration/skin patches)
4. Yogurt and Onion Juice for Hair Growth
– 2 Large onions
– 50 ml of yogurt
1. Extract juice from the onions
2. Add the extract to 50 ml of yogurt and stir well to make a uniform concoction.
3. Apply the concoction to your scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes for proper absorption.
4. Rinse well using water and a mild shampoo.
Use of onion juice and yogurt presents and fantastic remedy for improving hair growth. This mixture is a potent source of folic acid, phosphorous and calcium. Onion juice restores hair follicles and improves hair circulation to the scalp. This helps in curing and promoting healthy hair.
Onions add strength to the hair and assist in preventing breakage and thinning. To maximally reap the benefits onions offer for increased hair growth, you will need to extract the juice using a few onions and apply it to the entire scalp. You should not let the strong smell scare you. It has to stay on the scalp for at least 30 minutes. Afterward, rinse and apply shampoo. You will have to do this procedure for about a month for visible results to be evident.
Onions provide an ideal remedy to hair fall. Combining onions and garlic can be your ultimate hair solution that provides nourishment to the hair and kill parasites and germs that affect the hair follicles. Onions are high in sulfur and onions can kill some fungi infections. The natural sulfur found on onions has proven to work on hair regrowth and prevention of baldness.